Graduate Student Organization
The goal of the organization is to:
- Further professional development of graduate students within the Department
- Facilitate communication among graduate students and department faculty
- Foster fellowship among graduate students within and among Departments
- Encourage attendance at conferences and professional meetings to improve scientific communication through oral and poster presentations and networking skills
How Do We Do This?
Ensures graduate student representation on Departmental Committees. One GSO member serves as representative to the New Mexico State University Graduate Student Council.
Social activities include forming co-ed intramural teams, outdoor events such as climbing, hiking and camping, and impromptu gatherings at students' homes and local brew pubs to discuss science and politics.
2020 - 2021 Officers
- President - Jessica Buskirk - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Zachary Farley - email@example.com
- Secretary - Lauren Samaniego - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Benjamin Armstrong - email@example.com
- Data Sharing Workgroup Organizer - Jacobson - firstname.lastname@example.org
- GSC Representative - Clare O’Connell - email@example.com
GSO meetings: Monthly (please contact any of the officers for more information) Data Sharing Workgroup Sessions: Weekly (please contact Fiona McKibben at firstname.lastname@example.org or Haley Jacobson at email@example.com for more information)
Please check back for Upcoming Events & Announcements!
Picking a graduate program is a very important decision. Often you may have questions about a program and a prospective advisor. If you are interested in New Mexico State University and the Department of Fish, Wildlife and Conservation Ecology, we would be glad to share our experiences with you. Feel free to contact the GSO officers or see the Graduate Student page for additional contacts.